SUMMER IS COMING: GET YOUR BEACH BODY READY!
Summer is coming! So if the thought of stripping off and stepping onto the sand in a swimsuit scares you, don’t despair. Here are my top tips to help boost your beach body confidence in six easy steps!
Firstly, I’m going to be blunt. If you haven’t started your fitness journey yet, you’ve probably left your run a bit late!
Summer beach bodies are made in the Winter. So take note of that for next year!
Click here for some Fitness Inspo to get you started. And in the meantime, I’ve got some tips on how to boost your self-esteem and step onto the beach with confidence this summer.
SIX STEPS TO
THE PERFECT SUMMER BEACH BODY!
1. Clean Up Your Diet! What you put into your body is what fuels your figure. And it’s amazing what a difference this can make! Nutrition is the most important part of any fitness routine. So skip the unhealthy snacks and reach for nutritious, light summer meal options instead!
2. Cancel out the Calories with Cardio. It’s never too late to burn some extra calories by hitting the pavement! You might not be able to transform your body overnight, but going to a run (or a brisk walk) will allow you to enjoy the summer, without the stress of putting on weight. Plus, cardio gives you a feel-good energy boost, sending positive endorphins to your brain. So ultimately you’ll feel better about yourself and that’s always a good thing!
3. Fake It Til You Make It! A little fake tan goes a long way. Most women instantly go from a 2 to a 10 when they are tanned! A golden bronze tan is slimming and masks any body imperfections. Just make sure you follow the directions on the bottle for a flawless and flattering result (and read my tips for achieving the perfect DIY fake tan here!). Then don’t forget to lather yourself in sunscreen and finish the look a slick of tanning oil (with SPF included, of course). This is my top trick as the oil creates a shimmery shine, giving you a radiant glow as the sunlight bounces off your body!
4. Select The Right Swimsuit It might sound simple. But selecting the right swimsuit to flatter your body shape can make such a big difference! Get to know your body type and what look works for you. Many swimsuit stores will help you to find the perfect fit and don’t forget to select a shade that suits your skin tone!
5. Get a Pedicure Personally, I like to maintain my nail polish all year round. But if you have been guilty of hiding your toes all Winter long, it may be time to head to the salon for a little pampering! A pedicure is an essential part of achieving the perfect beach body. And it will look great when you step onto the beach to enjoy having the sand between your toes!
6. Stay Hydrated! There is nothing worse than looking hot and bothered! So make sure you pack plenty of water when you are stepping out to enjoy the sun. Staying hydrated also helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite so that’s a plus too! Most importantly though, stop stressing about your flaws, we all have them! Keep your cool and just get out there and get active whilst making the most of the sunshine! This is what summer is all about!